I. Scope and Application
II. Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us through your access or use of the Services, such as when you visit our websites, create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: your name, email address, phone number, postal address, profile picture, customer preferences, payment method, financial and credit card information, and other information you choose to provide.
Please note that we do not knowingly collect, keep or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18 through the Services, as we require that all users represent to us that they are at least 18 years old.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect personal information (i.e. information that could be used to identifyyou directly such as full name, postal address, post code, phone number, date of birth, credit/debit card information, email address or unique device identifier(for example, your device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device) (“Personal Information”) and demographic information (i.e. information that you submit, or that we collect, that is not personal information; this may include, but is not limited to:hometown, gender, device information(including the type of mobile device you use),mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, device location, IP address, SMS data, transaction information, age, browsing history information, searching history information, and registration history information) (“Demographic Information” and, together with Personal Information, “Personal Data”).
We also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services need to processyour Personal Data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your Personal Data being used for this purpose.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with Personal Data we receive from you or collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Sawaco account with a payment provider or social media service (e.g. Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our application programming interface(“API”) (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If your employer uses one of our enterprise solutions, we may receive information about you from your employer.
- When you request on demand services, our Dispatchers may provide us with a User rating after providing services to you.
- If you interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Dispatcher, we may combine or associate that information with Personal Data we have collected from you in your capacity as a User or rider.
- We may obtain personal data from third-party service providers in order to verify your identity, to prevent fraud, or to help us identify products and services that may be of interest to you.
- We may collect information about you from public registers or information which is otherwise publicly available.
- We may also use certain information that is collected by third parties via cookies on third parties' websites. For example, we may receive information from social media platforms where we have a page / account regarding your interaction with the page / account. We may use this information for analytical purposes e.g. to analyze the effectiveness and results of our social media initiatives.
III. Use of Personal Data
We may use Personal Data which you provide to us or we collect from you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Dispatchers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal administration and operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements to which we are subject and/or to defend legal claims or exercise our legal rights;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Dispatcher, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals or invites;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Sawaco and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Maintain or update our records, such as youraddress and marketing preferences, in order to administer our Services and ensure our records are accurate;
- Notify you about changes to our Services;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services;
- Keep our Services safe and secure; and
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals and advertisements.
IV. Storage and Transfer of Personal Data
V. Sharing of Personal Data
- With Dispatchers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name and delivery locations with Dispatchers;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share your Personal Data, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by us or your employer, if you participate in any of our enterprise solutions.
VI. Other Important Sharing
We may share your Personal Data;
- With Sawaco subsidiaries and affiliated entities;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing and advertising partners, and other service providers who need access to such Personal Data to carry out work on our behalf or to perform any contract we enter into with them;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to enforce or apply our Terms of Service , to investigate potential breaches or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sawaco or others;
- With third parties in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- With third parties in an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
VII. Your Choices
Marketing and Opting Out
You have the option to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes and to remove it from our database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our Services.
Refusal to provide your information may make it impossible for us to provide the Services or to fulfil our contractual obligations.
VIII. Security Precautions
Your Sawaco profile is password-protected so that only you and authorized Sawaco employees have access to your account information. Sawaco staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password.
- Technical information, including your IP address, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our website and products you viewed or searched for;
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page; and
- Similar information for additional content that can be accessed from website pages, such as opening or printing documents or which videos are played and for how long.
When you visit one of our social media pages (e.g. Twitter), we, the social media platform or third parties collect information about your interaction with us via the social media.
X. Links to Third-Party Websites
Please note our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, such as the websites of other public entities or bodies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. If you follow a link to any other websites from our website, please note that these websites will be subject to their own privacy policies and that we have no control over how they use your personal data. You should check the privacy notices of third party websites before you submit any personal data to them.
XI. Contact Us